Expert Car Care for your Kia
Entrust your vehicle to the experts for proper Kia maintenance and repair in Castlegar. The certified and experienced specialists in our Kia service centre in Castlegar provide efficient, affordable and top-quality car care, every time you visit and whatever your needs. We encourage you to book a service appointment online for a visit to our Kia service department. See first-hand what expert service is all about!
Recommended Maintenance Intervals
Canada is considered a 'severe weather' climate. Recommended service should take place at every 6,000 km or every 4 months, or as indicated in the 'Severe Weather Schedule' in your Owner's Manual. Please consult your Service Advisor for details.
FACTORY RECOMMENDED SERVICE
- Replace engine oil and filter
- Inspect interior & exterior lights
- Inspect wiper/washer condition & operation
- Inspect & adjust tire pressure
- Check coolant, battery, brake and washer fluid levels
- Check horn function
- Inspect and lubricate all latches, hinges and locks
Service 1 Plus.
- Replace Cabin Air Filter & service HVAC case
- Remove & rotate tires
- Inspect brake system for proper operation, check pad/shoe thickness, inspect calipers/wheel cylinders for proper operation, leaks or damage
- Adjust parking brake if required
- Add Kia Pro-Series Fuel Injection System Treatment
- Inspect engine coolant level & condition, visually inspect system for leaks
- Inspect transmission fluid & top-up if necessary
- Lubricate door weatherstrips
- Road test the vehicle
Service 2 Plus.
- Service front brakes
- Service rear brakes, including park brake adjustment
- Service battery terminals & provide 'State-Of-Health' print-out
- Inspect drive belt(s) - condition & tension
- Inspect vacuum & crankcase ventilation hoses
- Inspect condition of ignition system
- Check drive shafts and boots for leaks
Service 3 Plus.
- Replace engine coolant
- Replace engine air filter
- Replace fuel tank air filter*
- Inspect fuel lines, fuel hoses and connections
- Inspect complete emission system including all lines, hoses and fuel filler cap
- Inspect complete exhaust system - manifolds, pipes, catalytic converters and muffler
- Inspect suspension components including shocks, struts, links and bushings
- Inspect steering gear, linkage, boots and lower arm ball joints
- Inspect power steering pump and hoses
- Inspect transfer case and rear differential fluid levels (AWD models only)
- Inspect all seatbelts and anchor integrity
*If equipped. In addition to the Kia Motors Factory Recommended Service intervals listed above, your Kia may require additional time/ mileage sensitive maintenance such as the replacement of vital fluids, filters, belts and spark plugs. Please consult your Kia Service Advisor and vehicle owner's manual for complete details.
- Wheel Alignment Check- 12 months
- Major Fuel Induction Service - 36 months / 36,000 km
- Replace Brake fluid - 36 months / 72,000 km
- Replace Power Steering Fluid - 36 months / 36,000 km
- AWD Service (Replace Transfer Case & Rear Differential fluids) - 40 months / 80,000 km*
- Replace Auto/Manual Transmission Fluid - 48 months / 48,000 km*
- Replace Spark Plugs (Regular) - 24 months / 48,000 km*
- Replace Spark Plugs (Platinum) - 48 months / 96,000 km*
- Service Spark Plugs (Iridium) - 48 months / 96,000 km*
- Replace Fuel Filter - 30 months / 60,000 km*
- Replace Timing Belt - 48 months / 96,000 km*
- Inspect Valve Clearance - 48 months / 96,000 km
Take advantage of Kia Factory-Trained Technicians and Genuine Kia parts!